PALS Online Course
Steps to your eLearning course:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course within 12-24 business hours (usually much quicker), after purchase, from “eLearning.heart.org”.
- Click on the link included in the email to access your online course
- After completion of the online course, you will need to have an AHA PALS instructor provide the required skills testing. The instructor will provide you with your completion card.
- After you purchase the course, we can send you a list of local instructors (if needed) who may be able to provide the skills testing. Any fees required by the instructor for skills testing is not included in this purchase.
Click here for E-Learning course refund policy. This course is non-refundable after purchase.
Please check your spam folder if don’t receive your email receipt and/or email with the course link.
You must complete the Part 2 Skills Testing with an authorized AHA Instructor to receive your certification ecard.
AHA HeartCode® PALS Online Course
We now offer a Virtual Skills Testing (VST) (via Zoom meeting) option for all American Heart Association® HeartCode courses.
- The AHA PALS Online Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
- PALS uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics.
- The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- PALS uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- HeartCode® PALS is an online comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development.
- To enter the course, students must complete the PALS Precourse Self-Assessment. Students are then presented with 12 in-hospital patient cases and a team dynamics lesson. Cases may be repeated as many times as necessary to pass. Upon successful completion of all the patient cases, students must pass the multiple-choice exam with a minimum score of 84%.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Perform high-quality child CPR AED and infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management
- PALS Precourse Self-Assessment to evaluate learner’s ability to integrate both rhythm interpretation and use of pharmacologic agents
- 12 interactive hospital-based patient scenarios (Individual scenarios within each case may vary depending on the learner to maximize the learning opportunities and mimic the variation of real-life scenarios.)
- A team dynamics lesson on basic team principles and integrating these principles in a simulated code
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation
- Online access to the PALS Provider Manual and the 2015 Handbook of ECC
- A multiple-choice, 50-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after the HeartCode® PALS modules, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully.
- Access to all information included in HeartCode® PALS for 24 months following activation of course
- eSimulations cases: 2 airway obstruction, 4 shock, lung tissue disease, bradycardia, supraventricular tachycardia, PEA/asystole ,and VF/VT
Card Type: PALS Provider Course Card
CE/CME credits: Yes
|Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or equivalent|
|Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS 10.7 or newer, iOS and Android|
|Broadband – DSL, Cable Modem, Fiber, Wireless|
|The latest versions of Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Edge, and Safari|
Additional Software or Plugins
|Adobe Acrobat Flash (only for older courses); Adobe Acrobat Reader|
- Once you receive your email with the link to your course (see sample here), you must contact AHA Tech Support at 888-242-8883 for any assistance. These courses are provided by the American Heart Association® and A.C.T.N.T. Healthcare Services is not able to provide any tech support other than related to the actual sale of the access link.