Opioid Education for Non Clinical Staff and Lay Responders
Steps to start your eLearning course:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course within 12-24 business hours (usually much quicker), after purchase, from eLearning.heart.org.
- Click on the link included in the email to access your online course.
Click here for E-Learning course refund policy. This course is non-refundable after purchase.
Please check your spam folder if don’t receive your email receipt and/or email with the course link.
- The course teaches participants how to respond to a possible overdose, including how to deliver naloxone and activate the emergency response system.
- The course offers information on the types of resources available post-overdose.
- This course covers adults only.
- Intended audience: Management and employees in workplace settings, non-clinical hospital and healthcare staff, and the general public
- Approximate completion time: 10–15 minutes
- Course content is available for 24 months (2 years) following activation.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the current opioid epidemic in the USA.
- Discuss the role of prescription pain medications and other drugs in the opioid epidemic and why they are so addictive.
- Identify a possible overdose.
- Discuss how to respond to a possible overdose.
- Review/explain what naloxone is and how it works.
- Explain how to give naloxone.
- Explain why naloxone should not be used for other overdose situations (cocaine, alcohol, methamphetamine, etc.).
- Discuss the resources available for substance abuse treatment and alternative pain management strategies.
- For successful completion of this course, resulting in a course completion certificate, students must:
- Review all modules and knowledge checks.
- Pass a knowledge skills test with a minimum score of 84%.
- Course modules include:
- Recognition and response to an opioid overdose (performing CPR and administering reversal agents—naloxone)
- Basics of the opioid epidemic and opioid use disorder
- Understanding naloxone and how it works
- Substance abuse treatment and alternative pain management strategies
- This product is non-returnable.
For U.S. customers only