BLS Online Course
Steps to your eLearning course:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course within 12-24 business hours (usually much quicker), after purchase, from “eLearning.heart.org”.
- Click on the link included in the email to access your online course
- After completion of the online course, you will need to have an AHA BLS instructor provide the required skills testing. The instructor will provide you with your completion card.
Click here for E-Learning course refund policy. This course is non-refundable after purchase.
Please check your spam folder if don’t receive your email receipt and/or email with the course link.
You must complete the Part 2 Skills Testing with an authorized AHA Instructor to receive your certification ecard.
AHA Heartcode BLS Online Course
We now offer a Virtual Skills Testing (via Zoom meeting) option for all American Heart Association® HeartCode courses.
- HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS Course.
- Blended learning is a combination of eLearning (online portion), in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- HeartCode® BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
- Designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings
- HeartCode® BLS is the eLearning component of BLS blended learning. It uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the eLearning component, students will attend a structured, instructor-led course that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting HeartCode® BLS modules
- Includes 10 modules, 5 eSimulations, and 2 video tutorials
- eSimulation cases include: 2 adult two-rescuer BLS cases, 1 child one-rescuer BLS case, 1 infant two-rescuer BLS case, and 1 infant one-rescuer BLS case
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the BLS Provider Manual
- Includes the following downloadable resources: BLS reference card, alogorithms, team diagram, summary of high-quality CPR components, skills testing checklist, and AHA Chain of Survival
- Online access to the BLS Provider Manual
- Multiple-choice, 25-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode® BLS modules and simulations, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
- Access to all information in the course for 24 months following activation.