BLS Online Course
Steps to start your eLearning course:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course within 12-24 business hours (usually much quicker), after purchase, from eLearning.heart.org.
- Click on the link included in the email to access your online course.
Click here for E-Learning course refund policy. This course is non-refundable after purchase.
Please check your spam folder if don’t receive your email receipt and/or email with the course link.
You must complete the Part 2 Skills Testing with an authorized AHA Instructor to receive your certification ecard.
AHA Heartcode BLS Online Course
- HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS Course.
- Blended learning is a combination of eLearning (online portion), in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- HeartCode® BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
- Designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings
- HeartCode® BLS is the eLearning component of BLS blended learning. It uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the eLearning component, students will attend a structured, instructor-led course that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting HeartCode® BLS modules
- Includes 10 modules, 5 eSimulations, and 2 video tutorials
- eSimulation cases include: 2 adult two-rescuer BLS cases, 1 child one-rescuer BLS case, 1 infant two-rescuer BLS case, and 1 infant one-rescuer BLS case
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the BLS Provider Manual
- Includes the following downloadable resources: BLS reference card, alogorithms, team diagram, summary of high-quality CPR components, skills testing checklist, and AHA Chain of Survival
- Online access to the BLS Provider Manual
- Multiple-choice, 25-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode® BLS modules and simulations, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
- Access to all information in the course for 24 months following activation
Tech requirements are:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or equivalent
Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS 10.7 or newer, iOS and Android
Broadband – DSL, Cable Modem, Fiber, Wireless
The latest versions of Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Edge, and Safari
Additional Software or Plugins
Adobe Acrobat Flash (only for older courses); Adobe Acrobat Reader