Blood Pressure Competency e-Learning Course
Steps to start your eLearning course:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course within 12-24 business hours (usually much quicker), after purchase, from eLearning.heart.org.
- Click on the link included in the email to access your online course.
Click here for E-Learning course refund policy. This course is non-refundable after purchase.
Please check your spam folder if don’t receive your email receipt and/or email with the course link.
This eLearning competency training course focuses on proper in-office BP measurement. The course is designed to train healthcare professionals on how to measure BP accurately on all three BP measurement devices: manual, semi-automated and automated. The module will help clinicians achieve competence in consistent, accurate BP measurement and improve confidence in their ability to better identify patients at risk for hypertension.
The goal of the course is to improve the quality of BP measurement taken by clinicians on a consistent basis to more accurately identify patients with hypertension and provide ongoing treatment and care for those patients.
The course includes three interactive micromodules:
- Review and recognition of current blood pressure guidelines and classification
- How to accurately measure and record blood pressure
- Working as a clinical team and patient partner to provide optimal care
Course content includes:
- Recognizing the latest BP categories
- Consistently and accurately taking BP measurements
- Discussing BP with patients
- Improving patient care
- Self-directed, eLearning course is for use by a single student
- Meets web accessibility requirements
- Approximate completion time: 30 minutes
- Course content available for 24 months (2 years) following activation
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a certificate of completion
- This product is non-returnable/non-refundable