Heartsaver CPR-AED Online Course
Steps to start your eLearning course:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course within 12-24 business hours (usually much quicker), after purchase, from “eLearning.heart.org”.
- Click on the link included in the email to access your online course
- After completion of the online course, you will need to find an AHA instructor to provider the required skills testing. You can search HERE for a local instructor.
Click here for E-Learning course refund policy. This course is non-refundable after purchase.
Please check your spam folder if don’t receive your email receipt and/or email with the course link.
Course length: Online portion is about 1 hour and 45 minutes; skills and hands-on sessions are about 45–90 minutes (45 minutes if only teaching adult CPR AED).
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for CPR and AED training
- Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver® instructor.
- The link to your course will be sent to the email you use in the shopping cart. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Course length: Online portion is about 1 hour and 45 minutes; skills and hands-on sessions are about 45–90 minutes (45 minutes if only teaching adult CPR AED).
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:·
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child (optional)
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child (optional)
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant (optional)
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant (optional)
- This product is non-returnable/non-refundable.