ACLS Online Course
Steps to your eLearning course:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course within 12-24 business hours (usually much quicker), after purchase, from “eLearning.heart.org”.
- Click on the link included in the email to access your online course
- After completion of the online course, you will need to have an AHA ACLS instructor provide the required skills testing. The instructor will provide you with your completion card.
- After you purchase the course, we can send you a list of local instructors (if needed) who may be able to provide the skills testing. Any fees required by the instructor for skills testing is not included in this purchase.
Click here for E-Learning course refund policy. This course is non-refundable after purchase.
Please check your spam folder if don’t receive your email receipt and/or email with the course link.
You must complete the Part 2 Skills Testing with an authorized AHA Instructor to receive your certification ecard.
AHA Heartcode® ACLS Online Course
We now offer a Virtual Skills Testing (VST) (via Zoom meeting) option for all American Heart Association® HeartCode courses.
- The American Heart Association Heartcode ACLS online course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
- This course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
- This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
- HeartCode® ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. To enter the course, students must complete a precourse self-assessment. Students will then be presented with a team dynamics lesson and 10 in-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases. The cases may be repeated as many times as necessary to pass.
- HeartCode® ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
After successfully completing HeartCode® ACLS, students should be able to:
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS, including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early AED use
- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Discuss early recognition and management of ACS and stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Recognize and perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency team may improve patient outcomes
- Define systems of care
- Includes 10 in-hospital patient cases (Individual scenarios within each case may vary depending on the learner to maximize the learning opportunities and mimic the variation of real-life scenarios.)
- Videos include: Systematic Approach, Science of Resuscitation, High-Quality BLS, Airway Management, Acute Coronary Syndromes, Stroke, Team Dynamics, Megacode (2), IO and Algorithms (4)
- eSimulation cases include: BLS case, 7 Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Stroke cases, and 2 MegaCode cases
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation
- Provides online access to the ACLS Provider Manual and 2015 Handbook of ECC
- Multiple choice, 50-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode® ACLS modules, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
- Students may access all information included in HeartCode® ACLS for 24 months (two years) following activation of course.
|Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or equivalent|
|Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS 10.7 or newer, iOS and Android|
|Broadband – DSL, Cable Modem, Fiber, Wireless|
|The latest versions of Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Edge, and Safari|
Additional Software or Plugins
|Adobe Acrobat Flash (only for older courses); Adobe Acrobat Reader|
Continuing Education Information: The American Heart Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement – Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 4.50 hour of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
**AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.
ANCC Credit Designation Statement – Nurses
The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 4.50 contact hour.
**ANCC Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim for this activity after six months of attending.
ACPE Credit Designation Statement – Pharmacists
ACPE Credit: 4.50 Contact Hour | Universal Program Number: 0256-0000-16-840-H01-P
**ACPE Credit must be claimed within 30 days of attendance. ACPE credit will no longer be available to claim after one month of attending.
This document is not valid as proof of an ACPE credit award. Credit award information is transmitted electronically from AHA to NABP and its constituent board of pharmacy. A pharmacist’s e-Profile ID (ePID) and date of birth (DOB) are used to match credit records with the pharmacist’s NABP e-Profile. Official electronic and hard-copy documentation is available through the pharmacist’s e-Profile at nabp.net within 60 days of course completion.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 4.50 Advanced CEHs, activity number 16-AMHA-F3-0318.
**CECBEMS credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after the 6 month claiming period.
Notice: WC_Product::get_upsells is deprecated since version 3.0! Use WC_Product::get_upsell_ids instead. in /home/actnt397/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4440