PEDI Slide Chart®
The PEDI Slide Chart® has Revolutionized the Rapid Care of the Sick and Injured Pediatric Patient!
“Most of the harmful pediatric medication errors tracked during the past two years by U.S. Pharmacopeia involved either an improper dose or quantity…”
JCAHO Sentinel Event Alert, Issue 39
- 2015 ECC guidelines [Part 12, 6.2: Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Circulation] “If the child’s weight is unknown, it is reasonable to use a body length tape with precalculated doses”.
- The use of a length based tape that uses only the 50th percentile weight (Broselow Tape™) for length (ie, ideal body weight) may “theoretically, result in inadequate doses of some medications for obese patients”.
- The PEDI Slide Chart® is the only length-based system that adjusts for the body type from 50th – 75th – 95th percentile. This eliminates the potential for inadequate dosing.
GUIDELINES FOR CARE OF CHILDREN IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT“For children requiring resuscitation or emergency stabilization, a standard method for estimating weight in kg should be used (eg, length-based system)”. The PEDI Slide Chart© meets that crieria.
The PEDI Slide Chart© meets this criteria.
- Use anything that measures centimeters instead. You don’t need to use a specific measuring device, if you prefer, since everything is based on length in centimeters, not the length of a special tape.
- Don’t worry about which end you measure from, it doesn’t matter with the PEDI Slide Chart®. All you need is the total length in centimeters.
- This is Unique to the PEDI Slide Chart®.