AHA PALS Virtual Skills Testing (VST) 08-26-2020
Option 1: PALS Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
American Heart Association® Authorized Option 1: Virtual Skills Testing (VST) sessions for PALS.
*All session times are Central Standard Time (CST)
- 9:00 am (CST)
- 10:00 am (CST)
Click Here to select your session time.
Option 1: Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
- Can be used for Renewals or First Time Attendees.
- Successfully complete the American Heart Association® HeartCode® online course, a minimum of 7 days prior to your scheduled VST session, (purchased separately).
- Successfully complete the appropriate skills testing during a Virtual Skills Testing (VST) Session.
AHA PALS Option 1: Virtual Skills TestingThe American Heart Association® has authorized Virtual Skills Testing (VST) until the threat of the COVID-19 outbreak is over.
This is the same process that has always been used for anyone completing the American Heart Association® Heartcode™ online courses that requires a skills testing session prior to receiving your card. The difference is now you can do it from home “virtually” on your tablet or computer.
- The American Heart Association® Heartcode™ online course must be completed prior to your Virtual Skills Testing (VST) session (minimum of 7 days).
- A few days before your appointment, a package will arrive with your required equipment.
- Included: AHA skills checklists.
- On the day of your appointment, you will receive an email (about 5 minutes prior to appointment time) with a link to the Virtual Skills Testing (VST) “Zoom Meeting”.
- During the session, you will be asked to demonstrate the same skills as the in-person sessions in the past.
- Please have all of the skills testing equipment ready, along with your skills checklists.
- You will receive a pre-paid label to use to send the package back with all the original contents.
- You will receive your American Heart Association® ecard (same card you have always received) within 1 business day after receipt of the returned package.