AHA BLS Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT)
Option 2: BLS Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT)
American Heart Association® Authorized Option 2: Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT) sessions for BLS.
*All session times are CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (CST).
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am (CST)
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm (CST)
Click Here to select your session time.
Option 2: Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT):
- Renewals Only: (current AHA card)
- Step 1: Register for a VRT testing session time & date.
- STEP 2: Watch all the required BLS videos online.
- STEP 3: Complete the online AHA written exam.
- Step 4: Complete the one on one Zoom meeting skills testing session.
AHA BLS Option 2: Virtual Renewal TestingThe American Heart Association® has authorized Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT).
- After registration, payment & receipt of a copy of your current AHA BLS card, you will receive your login information to view the BLS videos.
- After completion of viewing the videos, you will receive access to the written exam.
- After scoring at least 84% on the written exam, you are ready to complete your Virtual Renewal Testing skills session on your selected date & time (book your date & time below).
- You must watch all the videos and successfully complete the AHA online exam a minimum of 7 days prior to your scheduled session.
- A few days before your scheduled session, a package will arrive with your required equipment.
- Included: AHA skills checklists.
- On the day of your session, you will receive an email (about 5-10 minutes prior to session time) with a link to the Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT) “one on one Zoom Meeting”.
- During the session, you will be asked to demonstrate the appropriate BLS skills.
- Please have all of the skills testing equipment ready, along with your skills checklists.
- You will receive a prepaid label to send the package back, with all the original contents.
- You will receive your American Heart Association® ecard (same card you have always received) on the day of your skills testing session.