AHA BLS Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT) 09-04-2020
Option 2: BLS Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT)
American Heart Association® Authorized Option 2: Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT) sessions for BLS.
*All session times are Central Standard Time (CST)
- 10:00 am (CST)
- 11:00 am (CST)
Click Here to select your session time.
Option 2: Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT):
- You must have a current or recently expired AHA card.
- Watch all the AHA videos on our monitored, password protected page.
- Complete the AHA online written test on our monitored, password protected page, with a score of 84%.
- Watching videos and successfully completing the AHA online written test must be completed a minimum of 7 days prior to scheduled VRT session.
- Successfully complete the appropriate skills testing during a Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT) Session.
AHA BLS Option 2: Virtual Renewal TestingThe American Heart Association® has authorized Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT) until the threat of the COVID-19 outbreak is over.
This is the same process that has always been used for anyone renewing their BLS card. The difference is now you can do it from home virtually on your tablet or computer.
- After registration, payment & *receipt of a copy of your current (<3 months expired) AHA BLS card, you will receive your login information to view the videos.
- After completion of viewing the videos, you will receive access to the written exam.
- After scoring at least 84% on the written exam, you are ready to complete your Virtual Renewal “Skills” Testing on your selected date & time (book your date & time below).
- You must watch all the videos and successfully complete the AHA online exam a minimum of 7 days prior to your scheduled session.
- A few days before your appointment, a package will arrive with your required equipment.
- Included: AHA skills checklists.
- On the day of your appointment, you will receive an email (about 5 minutes prior to appointment time) with a link to the Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT) “Zoom Meeting”.
- During the session, you will be asked to demonstrate the same skills as the in-person sessions in the past.
- Please have all of the skills testing equipment ready, along with your skills checklists.
- You will receive a pre-paid label to use to send the package back with all the original contents.
- You will receive your American Heart Association® ecard (same card you have always received) within 1 business day after receipt of the returned package.
- Please only select one ticket. Each ticket is for a different session time.
- Booking options are not available within 8 days of event.
- *After registration & payment, send a copy of your AHA BLS card to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, you will be given access to the required videos.
- Course Registration Terms & Conditions