AHA Virtual Certification
Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
Virtual Skills Testing Frequently Asked Questions
- You will be able to add BLS to either ACLS or PALS during the registration process.
- After registration, you will receive a welcome email with instructions.
- If you purchased the AHA HeartCode® course from us, you will receive access to it shortly after registration, during business hours. If after business hours, first thing the next day of business.
- You may also purchase the HeartCode course directly from the AHA at elearning.heart.org.
- NOTE: We need a copy of the HeartCode completion certificate 7 days prior to your scheduled skills session. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The VST option includes a skills testing session with an AHA instructor during a one on one Zoom meeting. The required AHA HeartCode® course may also be purchased during registration.
- You will be shipped a skills testing package with all the required equipment. Prepaid return shipping label is included.
- All Providers are required to complete the AHA HeartCode® Course to use the Virtual Certification Option (AHA Mandate).
- You will be given the opportunity to purchase the AHA HeartCode® course during registration for your skills testing session.
- You may also purchase it directly from the AHA at elearning.heart.org.
- Not for the vast majority. Of course, defining difficulty is subjective (experience, prior training), but they no longer use the eSimulations (2015 version) in the HeartCode® Courses.
- Some students found the eSimulations difficult to navigate and had a hard time completing them in a reasonable amount of time.
- The new 2020 HeartCode® courses are designed to use a personalized adaptive algorithm that sets students on the most efficient path to content mastery.
- Students follow a continuously adapting learning path that is personalized by their own inputs: their performance, and their self-reported confidence level related to each probing question.
- The HeartCode® course does not have to be completed in one session. You can stop and start at your convenience.
- Students report the ACLS & PALS HeartCode® courses can range from 1-2 hours, or as long as 5 hours.
- The BLS HeartCode® course is usually between 45 – 60 minutes.
- Your American Heart Association® ecard will be issued on the day of your skills testing session.
- Every employer can designate what they will accept, but we have been an American Heart Association® Training Center for 30 years and have never had the AHA card not accepted.
- The American Heart Association® is considered the “Gold Standard” for this type of training.
- That is because the “Virtual Courses” they are referencing are the completely online courses that don’t include a physical, monitored skills testing session.
- An AHA instructor will visually (one on one Zoom meeting) monitor your skills testing using the required equipment (we ship to you) to prove competency.
- This is not an all “Virtual Course”. It is still an American Heart Association® course and you will receive an American Heart Association® card upon completion.
All providers are required to complete the AHA HeartCode® Course to participate in the Virtual Skills Testing option.
- STEP: 1 Go to Class Calendar Page and register for a VST testing session time & date.
- You will be given the option to add BLS to either ACLS or PALS during registration.
- You will be given the option to purchase the AHA HeartCode® online course during registration.
- You may also purchase the AHA HeartCode® directly from the American Heart Association® at elearning.heart.org.
- You will receive detailed instructions immediately after registration in your registration receipt email.
- STEP 2: Complete the AHA HeartCode® BLS/ACLS/PALS online course.
- You must send us a copy of the HeartCode® completion certificate at least 7 days prior to your scheduled skills testing session.
- STEP 3: We will send you a skills testing package with all the required equipment for your Skills Testing Session. NOTE: We do not ship to PO Boxes or outside the continental United States.
- STEP 4: Attend your one on one Zoom Virtual Skills Testing Session for demonstration of skills.
- Approximate length of Zoom meetings:
- BLS 30 minutes,
- ACLS 40 minutes
- PALS 45 minutes.
- STEP 5: You will be issued your American Heart Association® ecard on the day of your skills testing session.
AHA Virtual Skills Testing Pricing
BLS Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
ACLS Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
PALS Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
You will be given the option to add BLS to either ACLS or PALS during registration.
SKILLS TESTING PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE AHA MANDATED HeartCode® ONLINE COURSE. You will be given the opportunity to add the AHA HeartCode® course during registration.
AHA HeartCode® Pricing:
All revenue for the AHA HeartCode® course(s) goes directly to the American Heart Association®. We offer the purchase of these courses as a convenience to our customers and do not receive additional revenue from the sale.
Frequently Asked Questions
YES! This is an authorized American Heart Association® option. There is only 1 card that is issued when you complete the American Heart Association® courses. There is not one if you do the online course, or a classroom course, or a Virtual course. They are all identical.
- You will not be asked to provide mouth to mouth ventilations during your skills testing. You will be provided with a disposable barrier device to use during your skills testing.
- All equipment is cleaned in excess of AHA guidelines and packed for shipping with extreme care intended to maintain cleanliness.
- Approximate times for the Zoom meeting skills session:
- BLS VST: 25-30 minutes.
- ACLS VST: 40-45 minutes.
- PALS VST: 45-50 minutes.
- This may be different for varying levels of experience & knowledge. If you are prepared, it will probably be a little shorter time.
- Your session is only allotted 50 minutes so if you are unable to complete your renewal testing in that time frame, you will have to reschedule for another session.
- On the date & time of your appointment, you will receive an email with a link (10 minutes prior to session) to join the meeting.
- Click on the link in the email and you will be joined to the Zoom Meeting.
- Upon completion of the AHA HeartCode® online course, we will send you the skills testing package with all the required equipment. This includes a pre-paid return label.
- NOTE: We do not ship to PO Boxes or outside the continental United States.