Is this option authorized by the American Heart Association®?
Two options for American Heart Association® Virtual Certification
(VST & VRT)
Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
Renewals or First Time Participants
Virtual Skills Testing (VST):
- Renewals or First Time Participants.
- Step 1: Go to the Class Calendar Page
- Register for a VST testing session(1) time & date.
- Step 2: Complete the American Heart Association® HeartCode®(3) ACLS/BLS/PALS online course.
Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT)
Virtual Renewal Testing (VRT):
- Renewals Only. (current AHA card)
- Step 1: Go to the Class Calendar Page
- Register for a VRT testing session(1) time & date.
- ACLS/PALS requirements
- STEP 2: Complete the online Precourse Self-Assessment & Precourse Work: includes CMEs(2).
- STEP 3: Complete the online AHA ACLS/PALS written exam(4).
- BLS requirements
- STEP 2: Watch all the required BLS videos online.
- STEP 3: Successfully complete the online AHA written exam(4).
All of our courses are compliant with the new
American Heart Association®
CPR & ECC 2020 Guidelines.
- You will be able to add BLS to either ACLS or PALS during the registration process.
- After registration, you will receive a welcome email with instructions.
- Both VST & VRT options include a skills testing session with an AHA instructor during a one on one Zoom meeting.
- You will be shipped a skills testing package with all the required equipment. Return shipping is included.
- All of the steps must be completed 7 days prior to your scheduled skills testing session.
- The ACLS/PALS Precourse Self-Assessment evaluates a student’s knowledge before the skills testing session to evaluate proficiency and determine the need for additional review and practice. Must score a minimum of 70%. You will be given as many attempts as needed.
- The ACLS/PALS Precourse Work involves a student reviewing course content through online videos before the skills testing session. The video lessons cover multiple medical subjects. you must complete all of the Precourse Work.
- CMEs are included in ACLS & PALS Precourse Work.
- The AHA has adopted an open-resource policy for exams administered online or in a classroom-based course.
- Open resource means that students may use resources while completing the exam. Resources could include the AHA Provider Manual, student notes, ECC Handbook, AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC, posters, etc. Open resource does not mean open discussion with other students or the instructor.
AHA Virtual Skills Testing Pricing
Option 1: AHA Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
- You will be given the option to add BLS to either ACLS or PALS during registration.
- Price does not include AHA HeartCode® online course.
Frequently Asked Questions
YES! This is an authorized American Heart Association® option. There is only 1 card that is issued when you complete the American Heart Association® courses. There is not one if you do the online course, or a classroom course, or a Virtual course. They are all identical.
- You will not be asked to provide mouth to mouth ventilations during your skills testing. You will be provided with a disposable barrier device to use during your skills testing.
- All equipment is cleaned in excess of AHA guidelines and packed for shipping with extreme care intended to maintain cleanliness. Although not necessary, equipment may be further cleaned by recipient if desired.
- Approximate times for the Zoom meeting skills session:
- BLS VRT & VST: 10-15 minutes.
- ACLS VST: 15-20 minutes.
- ACLS VRT: 20-30 minutes.
- PALS VRT: 30-40 minutes.
- PALS VST: 20-30 minutes.
- This may be different for varying levels of experience & knowledge. If you are prepared, it will probably be a little shorter time.
- Your session is only allotted 60 minutes so if you are unable to complete your renewal testing in that time frame, you will have to reschedule for another session.
- On the date & time of your appointment, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting.
- Click on the link in the email and you will be joined to the Zoom Meeting.
These checklists will be used during your Virtual Skills Session (Zoom Meeting)
Required skills testing for ACLS VRT:
Required skills testing for ACLS VST:
Optional skills testing for ACLS VST.
Required skills testing for PALS VRT: