Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
- You will be able to add BLS to either ACLS or PALS during the registration process.
- After registration, you will receive a welcome email with instructions.
- If you purchased the AHA HeartCode® course from us, you will receive it after registration.
- The VST option includes a skills testing session with an AHA instructor during a one on one Zoom meeting. The required AHA HeartCode® course may also be purchased during registration.
- You will be shipped a skills testing package with all the required equipment. Return shipping is included.
- All of the steps must be completed 7 days prior to your scheduled skills testing session.
- You will be given the opportunity to purchase the AHA HeartCode course during registration.
- All Providers are required to complete the AHA HeartCode Course to use the Virtual Certification Option (AHA Mandate).
- Not for the vast majority. Of course, defining difficulty is subjective but they no longer use the eSimulations (2015 version) in the HeartCode Courses.
- Some students found the eSimulations difficult to navigate and had a hard time completing them in a reasonable amount of time.
- The new 2020 HeartCode® courses are designed to use a personalized adaptive algorithm that sets students on the most efficient path to content mastery.
- Students follow a continuously adapting learning path that is personalized by their own inputs: their performance, and their self-reported confidence level related to each probing question.
- The HeartCode course does not have to be completed in one session. You can stop and start at your convenience.
- Students report the ACLS & PALS HeartCode® courses can range from 1-2 hours, or as long as 5 hours.
- The BLS HeartCode® course is usually between 45 – 60 minutes.
- Your ecard will be issued on the day of your skills testing session.
- Every employer can designate what they will accept but we have been an American Heart Association® Training Center for 30 years and have never had the AHA card not accepted.
- The American Heart Association® is considered the “Gold Standard” for this type of training.
- Simply because the “Virtual Courses” they are referencing are the completely online courses that don’t include a physical, monitored skills testing session.
- An AHA instructor will visually (one on one Zoom meeting) monitor your skills testing using the required equipment (we ship to you) to prove competency.
- Calling this a “Virtual Course” may be a bit misleading. It is still an American Heart Association® course.
AHA Virtual Skills Testing Pricing
BLS Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
ACLS Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
PALS Virtual Skills Testing (VST)
You will be given the option to add BLS to either ACLS or PALS during registration. PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE AHA HeartCode® ONLINE COURSE. You will be given the opportunity to add the AHA HeartCode® course during registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
YES! This is an authorized American Heart Association® option. There is only 1 card that is issued when you complete the American Heart Association® courses. There is not one if you do the online course, or a classroom course, or a Virtual course. They are all identical.
- You will not be asked to provide mouth to mouth ventilations during your skills testing. You will be provided with a disposable barrier device to use during your skills testing.
- All equipment is cleaned in excess of AHA guidelines and packed for shipping with extreme care intended to maintain cleanliness.
- Approximate times for the Zoom meeting skills session:
- BLS VST: 10-15 minutes.
- ACLS VST: 15-20 minutes.
- PALS VST: 20-30 minutes.
- This may be different for varying levels of experience & knowledge. If you are prepared, it will probably be a little shorter time.
- Your session is only allotted 50 minutes so if you are unable to complete your renewal testing in that time frame, you will have to reschedule for another session.
- On the date & time of your appointment, you will receive an email with a link (10 minutes prior to session) to join the meeting.
- Click on the link in the email and you will be joined to the Zoom Meeting.
- Upon completion of the AHA HeartCode® online course, we will send you the skills testing package with all the required equipment. This includes a pre-paid return label.