American Heart Association® Flowchart
What courses are A.C.T.N.T. Healthcare Services authorized to teach?
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support(PALS)
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, & Stabilization (PEARS)
The Role of the Training Center
The American Heart Association® (AHA) has established a network of AHA Training Centers (TC) to help deliver its ECC educational courses & strengthen the Chain of Survival.
Training Centers are responsible for:
- The proper administration and quality of the ECC courses that they, their aligned instructors, and Training Sites (TS) provide.
- The day-to-day management of the TC, TS, and instructors.
- Providing aligned instructors and TS with consistent and timely communication of any new or updated information about National, Regional, or TC policies, procedures, course content, or course administration that could potentially affect an instructor while carrying out his or her responsibilities.
- Serving as the principal resource for information, support, and quality control for all AHA ECC Instructors aligned with the TC.
Training Center Instructor Alignment
- As a large American Heart Association® Training Center, we have established “tried and true” techniques for efficiently managing the AHA Training Center.
- If you are an instructor or a Training Site, we are currently accepting a limited number of alignments for both.
- Complete the form below and you will be contacted with more information.
Online Classroom Instruction
The AHA’s purpose behind this option is to provide more time for the instructor to spend on the hands-on skills testing.
►Classroom instruction is done online!
We have a unique option for instructors called Online Classroom Instruction (OCI). With this process, we handle all the classroom requirements and the instructor does the in person skills testing.
This option eliminates the need for an in person classroom teaching session.
This is an AHA approved option for training in ACLS & PALS.
- You refer the student to the registration web page. (see example here)
- WE collect registration information & payment (you receive confirmation).
- WE Coordinate completion of all the precourse requirements (online precourse modules [replaces classroom instruction] & online written exam). Continuing Education Hours (CEH) are given for the precourse modules (ACLS – 3, PALS – 2.5).
- WE notify the instructor when the student is ready for skills testing (instructor coordinates time & place).
- WE send skills testing payment to instructor (you decide your skills testing fee).
- WE issue the ecard to the student instructor.
- There is NO COST to the instructor for this option.
Of course you can continue to provide the traditional training option at your discretion. This is an option that is available to all instructors aligned with our TC.