ACLS Experienced Provider Course
The American Heart Associaiton® ACLS Experienced Provider Course (ACLS EP) is designed to teach and test the lifesaving skills required of a team leader in an in-hospital, emergency department, or out-of-hospital setting.
ACLS EP is designed to improve outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory and other (eg, metabolic, toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines and encouraging critical thinking and decision making strategies
Applying the expanded systematic approach (ACLS EP Survery) to patient assessment, evaluation and management. Includes:
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Cerebrovascular Emergencies
- Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology Emergencies
ACLS Experienced Provider Course Target Audience
The ACLS EP course if for seasoned healthcare providers who are proficient in BLS and ACLS Skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, and understanding ACLS pharmacology.
ACLS Experienced Provider Course Pre-Requisite
- Before entering an ACLS EP Course, learners are required to have mastered ACLS principles, including proficiency in performing BLS, understanding ACLS algorithms, rapid rhythm recognition and ACLS pharmacology.
- Must also complete the ACLS-EP pretest with a score of 84%. (The ACLS-EP pretest license (URL) will be sent electronically prior to the course. Evidence of successful completion of the ACLS EP Pretest (hard copy) must be submitted at the beginning of the course. Those who do not provide evidence of successful completion prior to the course will not be able to participate).
Successful Completion of the ACLS Course
For successful course completion, learners must actively participate in all case-based scenarios and must meet all current ACLS course requirements.
A.C.T.N.T. Healthcare Services offers the American Heart Association® ACLS Provider Course all over Texas, including the Dallas Metroplex including Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, Irving, Denton, and Richardson, Texas.